Sunday, July 27, 2008

Attempting to Organize

David has always been frustrated with my "piles"-I have a big one on the floor in our bedroom (mostly papers) and one has recently taken residence on the third cushion of our couch (books about Grave's Disease and commission reports and tip envelopes from work, etc.) This has been the way I've "organized" things for quite a number of years, and I at least think that I always know where everything is. However, David recently started threatening that he would just start throwing away things if I didn't find some better way to organize everything and get it off the floor, so he took me to some stores to look at options. His initial idea was to just buy a trunk or storage bench and throw everything in it, which of course didn't work with me. So, since I was only given one day to decide on something, this is what I ended up with-part bookshelf, part cubbies with fabric drawers/boxes to put stuff in. I put it together myself, and I think it looks fairly decent for being $40 (about $65 with the drawers). It's a start...I cleaned the closet out a while back too and it's looking much more organized. Wish me luck in my continuing efforts to de-clutter!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

I love it! It looks so cute and you can't even tell that the drawers a full of stuff! That's what I need!

Julene said...

lol! There must be something in the water. I have been trying to declutter my own house! Mine was a self imposed decision though. ;) That is a great idea with the cubby! I have decided to build more shelves in our existing closets. I am excited to get it all done. Good luck with all of your efforts!

MB said...

I like it too! Organizing is one of my favorite past-times. :) I'm a nerd.

MB said...

oh, BTW, you're lookin' fab in your picture at the Space Needle. Seriously. You look great.

MB said...

Hey, I just emailed Melissa M. Hopefully, she'll e-mail me back with all the info on the new adventure :) Thanks for her e-mail.

Allison said...

It's so cute Melody! What a good little decorator you are! I love it!