Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sister Visit

Over this past Easter weekend, my sister Jennifer came to visit. We hung out at the spa and relaxed for a while the day she got here and then went over to the Belaggio to see the conservatory exhibit there. It was a garden theme with poppies and other flowers and there was also an area with lots of butterflies in a building that was like a gardening shed.

Jennifer was a culinary arts major and loves food (as do I). A lot of the pictures she took ended up being of the food we ate. At her request we went to a gourmet restaurant for lunch one day, at David's request we went to Metro Pizza where we got his favorite stuffed pizza, and at my request we went to a Thai restaurant one night. Here is a picture of David enjoying his pizza:

Jennifer and I also took a trip out to Primm, NV where she rode on the big rollercoaster and we went shopping at the outlet mall.

We stopped at a couple of pet stores while she was here also to look at the puppies because we both love dogs. At one of the stores, there was an adorable apricot cockapoo that I really wanted, but she was way too expensive. I did get to hold her and play with her a little though.

On Easter Sunday, we had a great dinner of brown sugar glazed ham, cheesy potatoes, pineapple casserole and fresh green beans.

The day her flight left we went to Lake Las Vegas and walked around for a little while. I like it when Jennifer visits because I have a girl to shop with and eat the types of food that David won't eat like Thai food. It was fun to see her and hang out for a few days.

Here's a link to more pictures of the trip: http://picasaweb.google.com/schmelode/JenniferVegasVisit?authkey=WrhCEBbt6UM

4 comments:

Erica said...

melody,
I was excited when I saw that you had been updating your blog. I need to get caught up on everyones blogs. I think they will have to be sceduled rewards for time spent studying.

Cyndie said...

I am so glad you are updating your blog. It makes me happy.

MB said...

YAY! I love your pictures! They make me want to come visit you. Which, I still need to do...

Julene said...

Awesome, I love food too! (A little more than I should I think.) It's good to see you blogging again, woman! Keep 'em comin'!